"Each One Unique"


Yesterday, my daughter and her husband brought their two month old to see his new cousin. Of course, he was more still more interested in his next meal than seeing another baby, but he did seem to know that this little person was different.

Different...those two little boys are very different! One is almost bald, rolly and jolly, smiling at anyone who catches his eye. He gulps his milk and then spits it back up with a loud belch. The other seems fragile with his tiny arms and legs. His dark eyes stare at the light of the window. He quietly nurses and dozes as his father tries to get a tiny burp. Yet, each is beautiful and sweet in their own way.

It it easy for mothers to compare another baby to their own.

"He is bigger."
"He is sleeping better."
"He is rolling over."
"He is talking already."
"He can read."
"He can ride a bike."
"He can play the piano."
"He gets better grades."
"He has lots of friends."

It goes on and on...

but it is wrong to think this way!

God made each child special and just the way He planned for them to be. Each child has their own strengths and weaknesses. None is better than another. All are precious in His sight.

Psalm 139:13-17
"...Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
My substance was not hid from thee,
When I was made in secret, and curiously wrought
in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
and in thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned,
when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thought unto me,
Oh God! how great is the sum of them!"


God knows each little toe and curly eye lash. He knows their talents and personalities. He knows the way that He has planned for them.

What a great and wonderful God we have!

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for these two precious little boys. Teach them Your truths, guide their steps, lead them in Your ways. I pray that they will seek You with their whole hearts and desire to serve You all their lives. In Jesus' Name, Amen

2 comments:

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Wow! I would look at Carter's photo on your sidebar and coo at how tiny he still "was" but now seeing Gabriel next to him, I see that Carter has been growing.

How is Gabriel's mommy feeling?

Congrats again!

smooches,
Larie

Anonymous said...

I just want to cuddle them both!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails