How Do You See It?

Yesterday, as we drove to church I asked my husband, "How long has that shed been there?"

He laughed and replied, "You mean, How long has the trailer not been there?"

I was shocked that I didn't even notice that they had removed a whole trailer, revealing a little shed behind it!

At our ladies' Bible study, we talked a little about being optimists and pessimists. Some people imagine that the worst is going to happen. Fearing things that aren't even true. (pessimist)
Others look past the truth, only seeing what they want to see. (optimist) It was hard for me to decide if I was mostly one or the other.

I think I'm mostly an optimist, wishing and wanting and hoping for things to be good...even if they never happen. It often sets me up for disappointments when things don't turn out the way I'd like them too.

But as a typical mother, if my teenager didn't call or come home at the appointed time, I imagined all the horrible things that could have happened.

I suppose there's a little of each in me. So, not seeing the missing trailer and only seeing the little shed... what does that make me?

I think we need to learn to be "realists", seeing life as God sees it... not imagining it to be better or worse than it really is.

Psalm 112:7 "He shall not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord."

4 comments:

Laury said...

I seem to remember having conversations with my husband like that! Too funny the things we miss as we go through life. Good morning, Miss Vonnie:) Loving you a bunch this morning!!!!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Wow, could I relate to this one! Thanks for the admonishment!

Joanne Sher said...

Definitely can relate - and I think we are VERY alike in our outlooks. Realist is DEFINITELY the way to go. Thanks for blessing me with this today.

Anonymous said...

:) That's really funny, but a perfect illustration for your point!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails